Delta Dental Employee App
The idea for an employee app was generated during the brainstorming process for the intranet site design. Our team decided to start with screens for a new design and see how users would respond. All of the designs below are based on similar research provided for the intranet site.
I created all screen mockups, wireframes and prototypes.
What were the challenges we faced when creating ideas for the app?
1. What tools would be most useful on a mobile device?
2. Would the app be able to access information inside the firewall?
3. What would be the best direction for authentication? Third parties like google authenticator or an internal process like manager approval.
Getting to know the user
Our first step in figuring out the most useful feature for employees was to administer surveys.
1. Which of the following do you use the most? A. Tablet B. Desktop Machine C. Mobile device,
2. How would you rate your experience filling out time sheets online? Difficult 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Easy
3. How would you rate your experience looking for information on the intranet site? Difficult 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Easy
Features included in design:
1. Search and chat with coworkers
2. Login feature to access information
Notes and presentation